This is a pre-order only, delivery is scheduled for May 2022
Knights of the Round: Academy is a highly narrative RPG inspired by shonen anime, 90s super and real robots, Japanese school comedies and JRPGs p>
Your Student , that is, a player character, is defined by their Traits, words or short phrases that describe something they can do (Hide, Shoot), which they have studied (Ancient History, Sidhe Magic ) or simply have a talent for (Finding the way, Convincing).
A Trait could also be an iconic object (Excalibur, my father's watch), a faithful pet (My steed, My familiar), or a relationship with someone (My new family, Geneva). < / p>
You can use Traits to add dice to a Test if you can find a way to describe how a Trait will help you in the Scene.
You'll also be able to get your Student to push their Limit by spending points to influence what happens.
Every Student you play will have to juggle ruthless rivals, grueling workouts, teenage love affairs and monsters from the past of a war-torn planet.
The most important Traits are the Soul, the Lineage and the Core.
- The Soul , what the Japanese might call kokoro, represents the most intimate part of your Student.
- Your Lineage represents the people who raised you, you have chosen as a family or to whom you feel connected in some way.
- The Core represents the element to which a Studente and their Knight are linked. Everyone on Brit’an is linked to the Dragon's Breath, the force that binds all things, living or not, to the natural elements. Only those who are completely in tune with it can aspire to become an Academy Student.
KotR:A is strongly inspired by 90s / 00s anime and in particular by three very specific themes:
Real robots series about war, how terrible and unjust it is, but how inevitable it is to fight to defend what you care about
- Shonen anime in which the protagonist or group of protagonists faces increasingly powerful opponents, but in which what saves them in the end is always the support of each other, as well as the respect and friendship that you can evene feel towards those who are a rival, and the commitment to become the best version of ourselves
- School drama in which adolescent loves, rivalry, and in general the spirit of youth are at the center of the scene, without neglecting a touch of magic or action
The Corebook is a 15 × 23 cm book, with 352 pages and in hardcover , with everything you need to play: options for Students (seven Lineages, fifteen Jobs, ideas and suggestions for Traits, Nemesis, Flaws...), Places, Threats, and a guide to the Academy and its life. Also, for the Storyteller, a rich chapter on how to run the game and make it look like a real anime.
The bundle also includes a set of 24 custom dice , 6d4 , 6d6 , 6d8 and 6d12 strong>, which will be enough for the whole group to play, with a small bag to hold your dice, and a cardboard box to hold everything together.
6 units per die is all you need, as a Student cannot use more than 6d8 and 6d12, while the Difficulty will change them to d6 and d4.
An average Test requires 4 to 8 dice.
By purchasing this product you will immediately find the downloadable PDF in your private area. If you do not already have an account on our site, you can create it during the order confirmation. You will need it to access the PDF download.